DIY dry ice Frankenstein centerpiece
Dropping dry ice in water is a classic Halloween party trick to add some foggy, mysterious fun. But why settle for a plain old bubbling punch bowl when you can whip up this simple DIY dry ice Frankenstein centerpiece with nothing more than a glass vase and a few crafting supplies?
Pair Frankenstein with our DIY mummy vase centerpiece and your Halloween table is sure to be spook-tacular!
- large, sturdy glass vase
- black adhesive foam sheets
- X-acto knife
- 2 empty thread spools
- silver paint
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- googly eyes
- green food coloring
- warm water
- dry ice
- Make Frankenstein’s hair by wrapping foam sheet around the vase to measure for size.
- Cut rectangular piece large enough to cover the entire top quarter of vase.
- Cut a series of triangles out of bottom of foam strip.
- Remove cover on adhesive backing, and apply to top of vase.
- Use X-acto knife to cut additional foam sheets into stitches and mouth.
- Apply stitches and mouth to vase with craft glue.
- Paint thread spools silver, allow to dry and secure them both sides of vase with craft glue.
- Glue googly eyes to vase, and set aside for at least an hour to dry.
- Fill vase three-quarters full with warm water and add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Carefully add a few chunks of dry ice with tongs.
- Refresh dry ice as needed.