DIY Father’s Day tie craft
Use handprints of your little one to make intricate designs, letter stamps to script a love note, or googly eyes to create a reptilian tie. Our DIY Father’s day tie will be a treasured keepsake, regardless if he is a regular tie-wearer! With a solid tie, old or new, and a few simple craft store items, grab the kiddos and get ready to create a gift he’ll treasure forever.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
- Pour small amount of Speedball fabric paint onto waxed paper.
- Roll Speedball rubber roller into paint just enough to lightly cover roller.
- Roll paint onto palm of child’s hand and start stamping . The less paint on the hand, the lighter the handprint. A great way to create depth is to have some lighter and some darker handprints.
- Glue googly eyes onto end of tie.
- Cut strip of red felt with 2 points like snake’s tongue and glue on backside of tie . Have fun creating other reptile ties for dad to wear each day of the week to the office.
- Make pattern with alphabet stamps and permanent ink stamp pad.
- Apply puff paint lines to add dimension or highlight parts of design.
- It is not recommended to wash these ties, spot clean only if needed.