Halloween Frankenweenie Hot Dogs
Ask any mom, and they’ll tell you one of the hardest parts about cooking for children is keeping them from playing with their food.
That’s why your kids will love these Frankenweenie hot dogs for Halloween.
They can customize and decorate to create their own delicious ‘monster-pieces.’
Halloween Frankenweenie Hot Dogs Recipe
Kids of all ages will love these frankenstein hot dogs for Halloween made from simple household ingredients.
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 pretzel sticks
- 1 mozzarella cheese sticks
- mustard, or your favorite condiments
- wooden skewers
- Boil hot dogs per package instructions.
- Carefully char one end of each hot dog over open flame.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into small slices; arrange on hot dog to create stitches.
- Place each hot dog in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt "stitches" to the hot dog.
- Create hole through middle of hot dog about a third of the way from the top using wooden skewer.
- Remove skewer, insert pretzel stick through hole to create neck bolts (snap off any excess pretzel).
- Spray inside of buns with cooking spray and toast in a dry skillet. Place hot dogs in buns.
- Apply mustard eyes, a relish skirt, ketchup or sriracha mouth or your favorite condiment. Serve and enjoy!
I love it when my kids can play with their food...well, you know what I mean.
Calories: 224kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 680mg, Potassium: 59mg, Fiber: 0.2g, Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!