Ask any mom, and they’ll tell you one of the hardest parts about cooking for children is keeping them from playing with their food.
That’s why your kids will love these Frankenweenie hot dogs for Halloween.
They can customize and decorate to create their own delicious ‘monster-pieces.’
Halloween Frankenweenie Hot Dogs Recipe
what you'll need
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 pretzel sticks
- 1 mozzarella cheese sticks
- mustard or your favorite condiments
- wooden skewers
let's do it
- Boil hot dogs per package instructions.
- Carefully char one end of each hot dog over open flame.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into small slices; arrange on hot dog to create stitches.
- Place each hot dog in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt "stitches" to the hot dog.
- Create hole through middle of hot dog about a third of the way from the top using wooden skewer.
- Remove skewer, insert pretzel stick through hole to create neck bolts (snap off any excess pretzel).
- Spray inside of buns with cooking spray and toast in a dry skillet. Place hot dogs in buns.
- Apply mustard eyes, a relish skirt, ketchup or sriracha mouth or your favorite condiment. Serve and enjoy!