Fried Cauliflower Rice
Looking for a new way to serve cauliflower? Then you have to try this amazing fried cauliflower ‘rice’ recipe.
All it takes is a food processor or a cheese grater to turn cauliflower florets into the size of grains of rice. Cooked with veggies then doused with sesame oil and soy sauce (low sodium of course), it makes a great alternative to traditional fried rice and you still get to enjoy the experience of eating Asian food.
Even if you aren’t vegan, you’ll still want to enjoy the healthy benefits of this lower carb dish. It is delicious! You can even turn it into a carnivorous meal by adding scrambled eggs, shrimp, pork or chicken.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- Remove the florets from the head of cauliflower, cutting off any tough stems. Transfer the florets to a food processor and pulse until the pieces have become the size of grains of rice. If you don’t have a food processor, grate the florets with a cheese grater—it should yield about 4 cups of cauliflower ‘rice.’ Set aside.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, carrot and salt then cook for about 4−5 minutes until the onion and carrot soften.
- Add in the peas and cauliflower and cook for about 5−6 minutes, stirring constantly until the cauliflower is heated through.
- Mix in the green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil, stir until well combined then taste for seasoning. Add a pinch of sugar or a little more soy sauce if necessary.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!