Making these baked chicken fajitas is way easier than sparking up the grill and they taste just as fiery and delicious. And with a hearty serving of onions and bell peppers, they’re healthy, too!
Speaking of healthy, try to find a taco seasoning at the grocery store that doesn’t contain any MSG. (It can have some pretty not-good-for-you side effects when added to food.)
Our baked chicken fajitas are flavorful on their own, but you can add a spoonful of sour cream or guacamole on top for some extra zip. Like spice to your Mexican food? Serve with our homemade quick and easy spicy salsa!
One Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed and sliced into strips
- 1 cup salsa hot, medium or mild
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and cut into strips or rings
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken strips into baking dish and toss with salsa, taco seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add onion and bell peppers and toss to coat in spices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, tossing once halfway through cooking. Remove from oven, give it one more toss, squeeze juice of ½ lime over top, and season once again with salt and pepper. Serve in warm tortillas with all of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!