DIY Halloween Fang Necklace
Set up the assembly line! You’re going to want to make more than one Halloween fang necklace for sure! Plastic toy fangs are the perfect mold to make this easy craft.
Quick-setting epoxy that comes packaged in syringes can be easily mixed with glitter then poured into molds. No mess, no fuss—just squeeze!
To make sure the epoxy reaches the very bottom of the mold, poke it with a toothpick then tap the mold on your work surface to get any bubbles to rise to the surface. Works like a charm every time!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6F9RQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003O6F9RQ&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=NSW6G6UYKSVJSNEX” target=”_blank” title=”Plastic Toy Fang”]plastic toy fangs[/url]
- cooking spray
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PSAKAW/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000PSAKAW&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Loctite Quick Set Epoxy”]Loctite Quick Set Epoxy[/url]
- paper cup (to mix epoxy)
- jewelry eye pin, chain, and jump rings
- jewelry pliers
- Spray fang molds with cooking spray then place them on your work surface—the top and bottom of the fang molds should be facing down.
- Squeeze a small amount of epoxy into a small paper cup, using the syringe. Add glitter and mix. Immediately after mixing, pour into fang molds—be sure to poke the mixture with a toothpick and tap the mold on the table so any bubbles will rise to the surface.
- Allow molds to sit 3 minutes then insert an eye pin into the top center. Allow it to completely dry for another 3 minutes.
- Remove fangs from the mold and trim off any unwanted epoxy using scissors. Feed chain through the eye pin, attach jump rings using jewelry pliers and you’re ready to be Halloween chic!