Halloween Frankenstein Cookies
It’s easy to make Halloween Frankenstein cookies for the kids! With pre-colored candy melts and a tube of black gel icing, most of the work is already done for you.
Break out the toothpicks—these little wooden sticks will be your best friends while making these Frankenstein cookies.
Don’t worry about making each Frankie face uniformed; they should all have their own personality! Complete the look with candy eyes, and before you know it, you’ll have a tribe of little green monsters looking back at you!
Halloween Frankenstein cookies recipe
With pre-colored melts and a tube of gel icing, Halloween Frankenstein cookies come together in a snap! Just warm up the candy, dip and decorate!
Yield: 12 cookies
- 12 sandwich cookies, peanut butter
- 10 oz package vibrant green candy melts, OR white candy melts plus green oil-based food coloring
- 1 tube black gel icing
- 24 candy eyes
- Melt candy in a microwave-safe bowl according to package instructions. If you’re using white candy melts, be sure that your green food coloring is oil-based or approved for use with candy melts. Do not use regular food coloring or the candy will seize up and become unusable. Lay sheet of parchment or wax paper on a flat surface to place cookies on after they’re dipped.
- Dip cookies into melted candy then coat completely. Use fork to cover the cookie in the melted candy and to lift the cookie out of the bowl. Tap fork gently on the side of the bowl several times to remove excess candy and smooth out the surface. Transfer cookie to the parchment paper then let candy set. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Use tube of black icing to draw in the rough outline of hair then use toothpick to pull gel icing into wisps of hair and to fill in empty spaces.
- With a new toothpick, place a small dab of green candy melt onto the back of the candy eyes then adhere in place wherever you choose. Scoop a second larger dab of green candy onto the toothpick then dab on the cookie to make a nose.
- Finish face with scars, eyebrows and a mouth in any expression you choose.
Use the tip of a toothpick to help navigate the gel icing when creating hair and facial features.
Calories: 244kcal, Carbohydrates: 33g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Sodium: 86mg, Potassium: 19mg, Fiber: 0.3g, Sugar: 29g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!