These Halloween monster donut holes are simple to make, don’t have to bake, and the kids can help decorate them! These sweet yet salty bite size snacks are yummy any time of day.
A dozen donut holes from your favorite store will get you started. Shredded coconut, mixed with food coloring, adds just the right texture to these green, orange and purple creatures.
Dip each donut hole into delicious melted white chocolate then drop it into a bowl of which ever color coconut you’d like.
Dip pretzel sticks into the chocolate and attach candy eyeballs. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet andset aside while chocolate coating gets firm.
When ready, press the pretzel eyes into each donut hole, make mouths with food gel and watch them spring to life!
halloween monster donut holes recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Divide coconut between 3 bowls then place small amount of food coloring in each bowl, 1 bowl for each color. Blend each bowl of coconut with food coloring, set aside.
- Melt candy coating per packaging instructions then dip donut holes and roll in coconut. Place on parchment paper. Repeat for all donut holes and set aside.
- Dip pretzel sticks in candy coating and attach candy eyeball to pretzel before candy coating dries. Place on parchment and allow to harden.
- Press pretzels into donut holes and pipe mouth on monsters with black writing gel.
- Get ready for the kids to give you high fives!