We were inspired to make something for our sweet tooth that didn’t come in the form of chocolate—and so this idea for a red velvet cake milkshake was born. The pinkish red color is perfect for Cupid’s holiday, and topped with a hearty dollop of whipped cream and heart-shaped sprinkles, this dessert can’t help but bring out the giggly, light-spirited kid in all of us.
Of course, you don’t have to use cheesecake ice cream but it sure does taste great! And when it came to adding the red velvet cake into the mix, we dropped a big ole’ slice in there, frosting and all!
Red Velvet Cake Milkshake Recipe
- 3 cups cheesecake ice cream
- large slice red velvet cake, or 2 red velvet cupcakes
- 1/2 cup milk
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- sprinkles, festive, optional
- Combine ice cream, red velvet cake and milk in a blender then pulse until combined.
- Pour into glass then top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If cheesecake ice cream doesn’t suit your fancy, vanilla or any other light-colored flavor will do the trick!