Skip the expensive chocolates this Valentine’s Day and say “I love you” with Rice Krispies treat hearts that everyone loves.
Rice Krispies Treat Hearts Recipe
what you'll need
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows or two bags of regular-sized marshmallows, 10 oz
- pink food coloring
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- unsalted butter or non-stick spray
- wooden skewers
- pink colored sugar
- chocolate candy hearts optional
let's do it
- In a medium saucepan, melt together butter and mini marshmallows. Add small amount of pink food coloring and mix well. Add Rice Krispies and mix until well combined and let cool slightly on wax paper until able to handle.
- Lightly grease hands with butter or non-stick spray and shape mixture into hearts and repeat until finished.
- Skewer hearts and lightly dust with pink sugar, top with chocolate candy heart if desired. Let fully cool on wax paper and serve.
One Last Thing
These Rice Krispies treat hearts always bring me right back to my childhood!
Calories: 165kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 126mgPotassium: 11mgSugar: 16g