Chicken Parmesan is really comfort food at its finest. It’s honestly impossible to cook chicken parm and not have the room filled with delightful aromas that leave you hungrier than ever. The classic version calls for flour, breading, marinara, and mozzarella – most of which are high calorie and some of which are not keto-friendly. However, if you live a keto-based lifestyle, we believe you should still be able to indulge in classic favorites. That’s why we created this Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe that embodies all of the bold flavors while still remaining keto-friendly.
Serve this with steamed vegetables on the side, a great big salad, or with heart of palm “pasta” for the ultimate chicken parmesan fix! Of course, if you’re not following a keto diet, and want to enjoy it with a giant side of pasta, we won’t judge that either! Good news – this warms up deliciously as well!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliate.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe Tips:
- If you want your cheese browned on top, just turn the broiler on for a few minutes.
- To kick this up a notch, make our homemade marina sauce instead of using a store bought one.
- Warm any leftovers up in a skillet with a lid to warm all the way through.
Keto Chicken Parmesan
what you'll need
let's do it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line a deep baking sheet or pan with parchment paper.
- Carefully cut each chicken breast lengthwise in half, resulting in 4 thinner chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Prepare a dredging station with 2 large shallow bowls or plates.
- Whisk the egg into one of the bowls.
- In the second bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, garlic powder, parsley, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Dredge the chicken by taking a breast and covering it in the egg. Let any excess egg drip off. Next, place the egg-coated chicken into the dry mixture and coat completely. Set aside and repeat with the remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the avocado oil. Once the oil is heated, add the coated chicken and cook for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Place the browned chicken onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour ¼ cup marinara sauce over each chicken breast. Top with 1 oz fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Place the chicken back into the oven and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!