Five minutes and eight ingredients is all it takes to make this ridiculously amazing chickpea pesto salad with arugula recipe. Just give it a try and we are sure it will be a salad staple for lunch or dinner in no time!
Making this salad doesn’t get any easier and it can be served warm or at room temperature. Because it doesn’t need to be refrigerated, it’s perfect for entertaining outdoors or the neighborhood potluck.
If you want to add a little extra character to this yummy salad, consider pine nuts, walnuts or pecans. If you want to turn it into a main meal just add grilled chicken, steak or fish—and it’s probably tasty with a fried egg on top too!
Chickpea Pesto Salad with Arugula Recipe
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 1/4 cup pesto, prepared
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Drain, rinse and allow chickpeas to dry then transfer them to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add pesto, red wine vinegar, red onion, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the chickpeas and stir until completely combined.
- If you are adding arugula, stir it in just before serving then top with halved cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
If you don’t have time to make your own pesto the store-bought brands taste just as good…and it’s so darn easy!