How to Make Homemade Pesto Video
With its savory ‘straight from the garden’ flavor, there are very few things out there that can’t be made better with a touch of homemade pesto. Whether you think of it as a sauce or a condiment, it is one of the most versatile toppings around.
We think it’s funny when we see an expensive jar of pesto at the store. It’s just so darn easy to make! The flavor you get from using basil leaves is far better than something that has been shelved for a while.
You’ll need to break out your food processor to whip up this recipe, but in no time at all you’ll be looking for as many ways as possible to gobble down this delicious pesto. Enjoy!
Homemade Pesto Recipe
- 6 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tsp lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, oil, walnuts, lime juice and salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is chopped.
- Scrape the side of the bowl and turn the processor back on and keep running until it is your desired consistency. You may have to scrape the sides of the bowl a couple of times.