Baby Arugula and Sprout Salad
Tired of regular lettuce? Add some glamour to your salad routine with peppery baby arugula! Not only is our baby arugula and sprout salad recipe packed full of vitamins and minerals, it looks sexy on a plate and tastes great too!
We prepared a honey mustard dressing with a dash of lime for a bright, citrusy pop of flavor. Both the mustard and honey serve as an emulsifier to help the dressing come together—remember that trick if you want to experiment with homemade dressings of you own.
This dish is a real winner when entertaining guests but it’s a great meal for one or two if you’re trying to keep it light.
Baby Arugula Sprout Salad Recipe
Enjoy the mild, peppery taste of baby arugula and sprout salad with homemade citrus dressing!
Yield: 4 -6 servings
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey, or agave syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 4 cups mixed sprouts, we used broccoli and bean sprouts and microgreens
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper until an emulsion has formed and the ingredients have come together. Toss the arugula and sprouts until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dressing over greens, toss again then sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
Whole grain honey mustard is great in homemade dressing because the flavor is so refined!
Calories: 325kcal, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Sodium: 132mg, Potassium: 6mg, Fiber: 12g, Sugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!