Time to show your neighbors who’s boss at the potluck? So we’re a little competitive—don’t judge. Whip up our baked chicken with spinach and artichoke recipe. The chicken is juicy and tender, just the way you like, and the veggies are out of this world! And the cheese—people, the cheese!
The recipe is so simple you just might laugh out loud—you literally mix all of the ingredients in a bowl then dump it into a casserole dish. We’re talking about a HUGE return on your investment. Writing from experience—our compatriots hovered over the baking dish, forks in hand, like a swarm of hungry bees.
Food for thought—we’ve done a substantial amount of cooking with artichokes in the test kitchen and everyone agrees—the frozen ‘chokes taste best for some reason. Don’t bother with the fresh or canned variety; plus, the frozen artichokes are less expensive!
Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichoke Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees then coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken into baking dish. Salt and pepper chicken and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Place defrosted spinach and artichokes into a colander and press very firmly to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer veggies to a cutting board, chop coarsely then add to a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Pour on top of chicken and bake 20–25 minutes.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.