Sometimes a busy family needs a delicious go-to recipe for those weeknights filled with after-school activities and sports practice! Our quick and easy baked sesame garlic chicken is the perfect fit.
It doesn’t get any easier than 10 minutes to prep this dish then 20 minutes to bake it. We included flour in this recipe to thicken the sauce and to help it adhere to every sweet and savory bite of chicken, but feel free to leave it out, especially if you’re going the gluten-free route.
Eliminate excess dirty dishes by preparing the sauce in a measuring cup—plus it’s easier to pour into the baking dish!
Baked Sesame Garlic Chicken Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp green onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees then lightly coat a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper then dredge in flour. Place chicken breasts side by side in casserole dish.
- In a glass liquid measuring cup, measure ⅓ cup honey then add soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Mix well, then pour over chicken breasts to coat completely.
- Bake 18–22, minutes depending on the thickness of chicken breasts. About halfway through cooking, spoon sauce over chicken then return to oven.
- Remove from oven, when chicken is just cooked through then let rest for 5–8 minutes. Just before serving, spoon sauce over chicken then garnish with sliced green onion. Serve with steamed rice and extra sauce on the side.