Baked Sesame Garlic Chicken
Sometimes a busy family needs a delicious go-to recipe for those weeknights filled with after-school activities and sports practice! Our quick and easy baked sesame garlic chicken is the perfect fit.
It doesn’t get any easier than 10 minutes to prep this dish then 20 minutes to bake it. We included flour in this recipe to thicken the sauce and to help it adhere to every sweet and savory bite of chicken, but feel free to leave it out, especially if you’re going the gluten-free route.
Eliminate excess dirty dishes by preparing the sauce in a measuring cup—plus it’s easier to pour into the baking dish!
Make sesame garlic chicken using einkorn flour!
Baked Sesame Garlic Chicken Recipe
Our baked sesame garlic chicken only takes 10 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to bake and tastes amazing!
Yield: 3 -5 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees then lightly coat a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper then dredge in flour. Place chicken breasts side by side in casserole dish.
- In a glass liquid measuring cup, measure ⅓ cup honey then add soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Mix well, then pour over chicken breasts to coat completely.
- Bake 18–22, minutes depending on the thickness of chicken breasts. About halfway through cooking, spoon sauce over chicken then return to oven.
- Remove from oven, when chicken is just cooked through then let rest for 5–8 minutes. Just before serving, spoon sauce over chicken then garnish with sliced green onion. Serve with steamed rice and extra sauce on the side.
As the sauce cools, it will thicken slightly and coat the chicken much better—be sure to let it rest so it’s nice and gooey when you’re ready to eat!
Calories: 372kcal, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 81mg, Sodium: 707mg, Potassium: 100mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 32g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!