Our recipe makes good use of something called the ‘muffin method,’ where we combine all of the dry ingredients first and then add the wet ones, stirring until just barely combined. This downplays the amount of stirring you’ll need to do, which results in light and tender muffins.
Fill the cups full so that the batter will overflow just slightly during baking. This easy trick creates the perfect muffin top! Banana chocolate chip muffins are a great way to start your morning, but they also make for a perfectly sweet afternoon snack. You’ll love these!
banana chocolate chip muffins recipe
what you'll need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 bananas ripe, lightly mashed
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
let's do it
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl and then mix in lightly beaten eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter just until combined.
- Fold in lightly mashed bananas and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling each one fully.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out just about clean. Allow muffins to rest for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!