Bananas Foster Video
One banana, two bananas, three bananas foster! These gooey, caramelized bananas taste great on ice cream, crepes, waffles, pancakes and beyond! Among the butter, brown sugar and dark rum, the whole gang will find bliss in every bite.
Our bananas foster are ready to serve in just 15 minutes from start to finish. While this dish calls for a cup of dark rum, don’t worry about serving this to the kids—the alcohol will burn off completely during the cooking process so there’s no actual booze—just rich, delicious flavor that’s left behind.
This recipe is a shining star in your repertoire because it can ‘dress up’ just about anything in a pinch. You don’t have to make the breakfast waffles from scratch—the ones from the freezer section will work just fine. You get the idea!
Bananas Foster Recipe
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 bananas, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add brown sugar then stir until incorporated.
- Add bananas, salt and vanilla then cook 3–5 minutes on one side until the bananas have developed a brown crust.
- Flip slices over then cook for 1–2 more minutes. Remove pan from heat then add rum. Return to heat then bring back to a simmer.
- Ignite rum with a long match. If using a gas burner, tip the pan toward the flame. Continue to cook until the flames die out. Use immediately.
I really enjoyed it I had it with vanilla ice cream