Bibb lettuce is a favorite salad ingredient because it’s rich, velvety, fresh and crisp! Whip up a heart-healthy side dish with this quick and easy bibb lettuce salad recipe.
Slightly tart and incredibly juicy, grape tomatoes give this salad it’s vibrant color—paired with savory Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper seasonings, this salad will complement anything on your lunch or dinner menu of poultry, beef and fish!
Lightly coat the greens in the accompanying homemade salad dressing recipe. It’s made with a full-bodied olive oil and lime for a little extra zing! Bon appétit!
This recipe doesn’t have to be limited to a side dish—it can also be served as a main course plain, topped with your favorite grilled meat or even with a scoop of hummus!
Bibb Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, packed lightly
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, chopped, rinsed and spun dry, approx. 4 cups
- 20 cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and fresh lime juice and set aside.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and rinse under cold water. Pat dry in a clean kitchen towel or spin them in a salad spinner until they are completely dry then add the leaves to a medium-sized salad bowl.
- Add the cherry or grape tomatoes and coat the ingredients lightly with the desired amount of salad dressing.
- Gently toss to coat each leaf in a bit of the dressing and sprinkle the salad with breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!
A salad spinner may seem like an unnecessary kitchen gadget, but it’s perfect for drying fragile lettuce leaves after rinsing them clean!