Who doesn’t love a good BLT? The flavors of lettuce, tomato, and bacon somehow make an undeniable combination. Unfortunately, it’s not great for those of us trying to stick to a low-carb diet. That’s why we took the classic sandwich and deconstructed it into a BLT salad with added protein and loads of flavor. Thick-cut bacon accompanies fresh cherry tomatoes, chicken, parsley, and our favorite addition – avocado. This paleo BLT salad recipe is finished with a simple and light dijon balsamic dressing, giving you a salad that is sweet, salty, and full of texture.
If you’re looking for a high-protein lunch that’s full of healthy fat, this is it! The best part is, it’s Paleo friendly, Keto friendly, Gluten Free, Whole 30 approved… basically what we’re trying to say is it fits basically every diet type out there. That makes it also great for any luncheon or BBQ when you want to make a dish that works for everyone.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
BLT Salad Recipe Tips
- Make this salad ahead of time for meal prep but save adding the dressing until you’re about to serve.
- Substitute different vegetables if desired.
- If already tossed in the dressing, store in the refrigerator for only an extra day, otherwise the salad will wilt.
BLT Salad with Chicken and Avocado
- 6 strips thick cut bacon
- 5-6 heaping cups mixed greens
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the bacon strips out evenly with a bit of space between each one.
- Bake for 10 minutes and flip. Bake for another 10 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your bacon, you may need less or more time so keep an eye on it during that second round of baking. Remove from the oven and pat dry on paper towels to remove excess grease and let cool. Chop up the cooked bacon and set aside.
- Make the simple dressing by whisking together the balsamic, olive oil, dijon, lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the mixed greens. Follow with the shredded chicken, tomatoes, avocado, parsley, and bacon. Drizzle with half of the dressing to start and toss. If you’d like more dressing, add more and toss again. Serve immediately.