You’ll never go to the bakery again—because this blueberry crumble muffins recipe is to die for! These muffins have the most delicious flavor because they’re made with bright tasting, voluptuous fresh blueberries and world-class sugary muffin crumble on top.
Forget boxed batter—the muffin batter is super moist and easy to make. Even better, the crumble topping couldn’t get any easier. While it will take about 20 minutes to prep the ingredients, the toughest decision you’ll have to make is what color cake papers to use for these tasty treats.
So, the next time you’re charged with breakfast or contributing to the next bake sale, this recipe is a winner!
Blueberry crumble muffins recipe
what you'll need
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, 1 stick
- 6 oz carton blueberries
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
let's do it
- Place rack in the center of the oven then preheat to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in lightly beaten egg, milk, vanilla, lemon juice and melted butter until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling each one about ¾ full.
- In separate small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter or mash with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. It does not have to be a uniform paste, just mash the butter into the dry ingredients until they’re combined—it’s okay if there are still some dry spots. Sprinkle topping over unbaked muffins.
- Bake 28–30 minutes, but make sure to check on them at the 25 minute mark. The muffins are done when a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached and the centers are firm. Cool the muffins for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!