We’re always thinking ‘burrito’ when it comes to breakfast on the run, but now that we’ve created breakfast egg rolls with scrambled egg, bacon and cheese, our morning meal has a whole new attitude!
Egg roll wrappers are super simple to work with and you can easily get creative with the filling. While bacon, egg and cheese are solid base flavors, you can always add in a little green onion, red pepper flakes or even tofu!
It’s important that you keep the egg rolls moving while they cook in the oil to achieve perfectly browned, crispy results. If you want a little sauce for dipping, honey, salsa or even maple syrup will do the trick. It’s all about your taste buds being happy!
Breakfast Egg Rolls Recipe
what you'll need
- 10-12 eggroll wrappers
- 2 cups scrambled eggs cooled
- 1/2 cup bacon sausage crumbles or chopped ham
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- oil for frying
let's do it
- Place an egg roll wrapper on your work surface at an angle so that it looks like a diamond. Place 2 Tbsp of scrambled egg in the center then sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of cooked and crumbled meat and an equal amount of shredded cheese. Brush the perimeter of the eggroll wrapper with a bit of water then fold the bottom corner of the wrapper up and over the filling.
- Fold the left and right corners into the center, allowing the water to act as a glue to seal the wrapper together.
- Roll the filling tightly in the wrapper roll until completely sealed. Repeat with remaining ingredients until no ingredients remain.
- Fry rolls one or two at a time in 325 degree oil for about 45 seconds to 1 minute until light golden brown. Be sure to keep the rolls moving in the oil to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the oil then set onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Let rolls to cool for 3–4 minutes prior to serving.