Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
Nothing says comfort like a homemade batch of cinnamon streusel muffins. Our recipe instructions are easy to follow and these moist, rich-in-flavor muffins are table-ready in just 30 minutes!
Streusel, which means to ‘strew’ or ‘sprinkle,’ is typically just a topping. We wanted to go the extra mile, so we decided to layer it throughout the batter. It’s just the right amount of sweet to create the perfect breakfast treat.
The muffin base is not overly sweet either, so you can enjoy breakfast without feeling guilty for the rest of the day. Serve with a fresh cup of coffee or tea!
Cinnamon Streusel Muffins Recipe
Moist, rich and delicious—these homemade cinnamon streusel muffins are ready to serve in 30 minutes!
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, plus one egg white
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Place rack in center of the oven then preheat to 375 degrees. Coat a standard-size muffin tin with cooking spray then set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl then set aside.
- In a separate, smaller mixing bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and melted butter. Add wet ingredients to the bowl containing the dry ingredients then mix until just combined.
- Mix streusel ingredients in a small bowl using a fork to mash the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together with the butter until combined but still crumbly.
- Add ½ tsp of the streusel mixture to the bottom of each muffin cup. Pour enough muffin batter over the streusel to fill each cup a little less than half full. Add an additional ½ tsp streusel mixture over the batter then finish by filling each cup with remaining muffin batter.
- Use a toothpick or butter knife to lightly swirl the batter and distribute the streusel through the center of the muffin. Sprinkle all remaining streusel over the top of the muffins.
- Bake 18–20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
These babies taste great on their own, but a dab of butter, honey or jam will also kick it up a notch!
Calories: 290kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 302mg, Potassium: 77mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 12g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!