Broccoli and apple salad
Broccoli is so healthy and affordable; why not make it the base to a delicious salad? You can use your favorite kind of apple, but just make sure it’s a crispy and tart variety like Granny Smith, Gala or Fuji.
Once the apples are diced, you’ll want to work fast to get the dressing on them so that they don’t turn brown on you. You’ll also want to chop the broccoli into relatively small pieces to make your broccoli apple salad easy to eat.
broccoli and apple salad recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli, crowns, chopped small (about 4 cups)
- 1 - 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 large apple, crisp, tart, cored and cut into ½" cubes
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup raisins, or dried cranberries
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place chopped broccoli, shredded carrot, apple, pecans and raisins or dried cranberries in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for dressing until completely combined. Pour entire amount over broccoli salad.
- Toss until completely coated, season to taste with salt and pepper (and maybe a touch more lemon juice if desired). Cover and chill for 15–20 minutes, toss once again and serve nice and cold.