If carbs made us skinny, we’d wither away to nothing. This fabulous low-carb cabbage lasagna recipe is a protein-packed adventure minus all the guilt.
Watch our video on how to make cabbage lasagna!
Low-Carb Cabbage Lasagna Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 medium-sized cabbages
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 28 oz can tomatoes crushed
- 1 Anaheim pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion or white, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 egg whites
- 1 cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut cabbage heads in half and boil for 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain water and chop into 1" squares. Then sauté cabbage for 2-3 minutes to remove excess water. Let cool and wrap cabbage leaves in dishtowel, squeezing out remaining water.
- Brown beef in skillet. When most of the pink is gone, add pepper and onion. Saute 3 more minutes until thoroughly cooked and onion has softened. Add garlic, oregano and basil and cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg white into crushed tomatoes. Add to meat mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix cheeses together.
- To assemble, double layer cabbage, meat sauce and cheese in greased 9" x 13" pan. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown