With carrots, apples and a light (no-mayo) dressing, our slaw recipe pairs perfectly with just about everything. You’ll love it!
This slaw is fresh and crisp, with a unique sweet and sour flavor. Plus, you can use its amazing lemon and thyme vinaigrette on any salad, so make a little extra.
We used Granny Smith green apples for their tart taste and affordable pricing. You can make this slaw even quicker if you buy a bag of shredded carrots.
No-Mayo Carrot Apple Slaw Recipe
what you'll need
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 zest of lemon
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 2 cups carrots grated
- 2 tart apples cored and cut into thin strips
let's do it
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Add carrots and apple then toss until completely coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Season to your personal taste with additional salt, honey or lemon juice.
- Serve while cold and crispy and enjoy!