There are so many reasons to love our cheesy quinoa bites! You and your family can enjoy a filling vegetarian snack, serve them as hors d’oeuvres or make them for dinner!
Before you know it, this dish will rival the kids’ favorite chicken nuggets! It’s a great way to keep dinnertime healthy.
How will your family enjoy this recipe? Join the conversation on Facebook using #EverydayDishes!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Cheesy Quinoa Bites Recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- Place rack in the center of the oven then preheat to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, coat with cooking spray then set aside.
- Place quinoa into a large mixing bowl then combine with remaining ingredients. Mix until completely and uniformly integrated.
- Form quinoa bites about the size of a golf ball (or use a medium cookie scoop) then space them as far apart as possible on the prepared baking sheet. Spritz the top of each quinoa bite with cooking spray and press the tops down to form round bites that are about ½" thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Serve immediately with all of your favorite dipping sauces.
If you haven’t tasted quinoa, give it a try! Its light nutty flavor is a perfect backdrop for just about any flavor—such as the cheese in this recipe!