Hot Cheesy Taco Dip
Our cheesy taco dip is a total crowd favorite! Served with salty tortilla chips, it’s a great addition to your game-day spread.
Use your favorite packet of pre-made taco seasoning to make preparation even easier.
You can even take this dip on the road. Just bake it in a foil pie dish and reheat wherever the game is being hosted. A few minutes in the oven at 350 degrees is all it takes!
Step this dip recipe up a notch by serving it in a homemade bread bowl!
Cheesy Taco Dip Recipe
Serve this cheesy taco dip as a delicious game day snack! Make it ahead and pop it in the oven to bake just before your guests arrive.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a skillet over medium-high heat then add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook until no pink remains, 6–8 minutes. Drain grease, return to stove and reduce heat to medium.
- Add diced onion and cook 3–4 minutes until softened. Add milk and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and everything is combined then remove from heat.
- Add sour cream, taco seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stir until well combined. If desired, add a few dashes of hot sauce to bring up the heat level.
- Transfer to greased pie dish then sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup shredded cheese. Bake 15–18 minutes until the cheese is melted and the dip is nice and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with diced tomato, sliced olives and green onion. Serve piping hot with plenty of salty tortilla chips.
If you’re watching your calorie intake, substitute ground turkey and light cream cheese.
Calories: 260kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Trans Fat: 0.2g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Sodium: 552mg, Potassium: 239mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!