If a southwestern dinner is on the menu tonight, you’re definitely going to want to check out our homemade taco seasoning. It’s packed with flavor, super easy to make and ready in minutes! Really!
Most of the spices come in powdered form but for something coarse such as dried oregano, it’s easy to grind it in the palm of your hand.
Bouillon is the secret to adding extra flavor to the mix and you can use either chicken or beef granules. If you have only bouillon cubes just crush them into a fine powder using a rolling pin or the back of a spoon.
Our recipe makes enough seasoning for 2 pounds of meat so you’ll be able to make plenty of tacos! If you’re not in the mood for tacos then use it to make our deliciously cheesy taco dip or enchilada tamale pie. Win-win!
Taco Seasoning Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper finely-ground
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon or beef bouillon, granules or crushed cubes
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
let's do it
- Add first 6 spices to a small bowl and stir to combine. Place dried oregano leaves in the palm of your hand, rub the leaves firmly to grind them into a fine powder then add to spice mixture.
- Season to taste with cayenne pepper if desired. Store spice mix in an airtight container and use within 4–6 months.