Chewy Carrot Cake Cookies
Do you love carrot cake as much as we do? How about cookies? If you said both, this recipe is definitely for you.
We combined our favorite carrot cake spices with our best sugar cookie recipe to create a chewy carrot cake cookie recipe that will melt in your mouth.
The combination of carrot, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves is perfect for a holiday celebration. And rather than baking a whole carrot cake, cookies are much easier to store and transport to holiday parties and cookie exchanges.
Using carrots will give your cookies a moist, dense texture. Carrots also enhance the flavor and appearance of your baked items. This is why these chewy carrot cake cookies taste so darn good!
The chopped walnuts and cream cheese frosting keep with tradition in this twist on the every day carrot cake.
When your cookies are fresh out of the oven, the flecks of spices, carrot and walnuts will practically scream, eat me! Enjoy!
Chewy Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; stir to just combine.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove in separate bowl. Combine wet and dry ingredients then fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Scoop heaping tablespoon size dough ball on greased baking sheet spaced 2" apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes then cool on wire rack.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies.