Don’t you just love it when you can cook an entire recipe in just one pan? Our sweet glazed carrots not only make cleanup a breeze, they’re also a yummy side dish that’s easy to make and oh, so good to eat!
A bag of baby carrots, peeled and ready to go, will make for even cooking, as most are uniform in size. They may be a smidge thicker and have to cook a few minutes longer but you’ll save time by not having to cut them up. Just cover with water, start to boil then simmer and drain.
A delicious glaze of butter, honey, salt and pepper, along with a dash of cinnamon completes the dish, and can easily be adjusted to suit your own family’s tastes. Make it a little sweeter to appease the ‘kid’ in all of us or serve as-is. You can’t go wrong!
Glazed Carrots with Cinnamon Recipe
- 1 lb carrots, sliced at a long diagonal
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch cinnamon, ground
- Place the carrots into a medium-sized skillet and add just enough water to completely cover the carrots. Heat the skillet over a medium-high flame and bring to a boil.
- Once the water has begun to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low then simmer until the carrots are very tender but not mushy—the amount of time this takes varies based on how thick the baby carrots are. (Test the carrots occasionally by piercing one of the largest pieces with the tip of a paring knife. If the knife pierces it easily, the carrots are done).
- Remove the skillet from the heat and drain off any remaining water, leaving the carrots in the pan.
- Return the skillet to the heat, which should be set to medium-low. Add butter, honey, salt and pepper to the carrots. Gently coat the carrots with the mixture and cook until it has formed a syrupy consistency that glazes the carrots—it’ll only take a few minutes.
- Remove from heat when the glaze has formed. Sprinkle lightly with a pinch of cinnamon then stir once again.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
Kids will love how sweet these carrots taste (and so will Mom and Dad)!