Linguine, frequently paired with a heavy cream sauce, can be a bit too rich and creamy for an everyday meal. We’ve taken it upon ourselves (for the love of pasta of course), to create a chicken linguine recipe with a light sauce that is perfect for weekday meals and leftover lunches! Hello!
Twist and spin your fork in that hearty plate of warm noodles, juicy chicken and sauteed veggies! This dish is made with lean meat, the season’s freshest produce and a splash of lemon to bring out the flavor.
Here’s to eating well and feeling great too!
Light Chicken Linguine Recipe
what you'll need
- 8 oz linguine uncooked
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced or sliced
- 1 small zucchini sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated, plus more for sprinkling
- leaves basil for garnish, optional
let's do it
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil over high heat then add linguine. Cook linguine to desired doneness, drain then set aside. Meanwhile, toss cubed chicken breast with the cornstarch to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat then add olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken then separate any pieces that are stuck together. stir in salt, pepper and basil. Cook over medium-high heat for about 8–10 minutes until nicely browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon then set aside.
- Add onion, zucchini and garlic to oil remaining in the pan, adding just a bit more as needed. Sauté veggie mixture for 3–4 minutes, until zucchini begins to soften and the onions become translucent. Return chicken and any juices to the skillet then stir to combine.
- Pour in chicken broth then bring to a bubble. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 3–4 minutes or until the zucchini is cooked as desired. Stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to skillet then toss to coat. Let pasta re-heat and thicken the broth just slightly. Remove from heat and add tomatoes. Stir again and serve immediately. Be sure each serving gets a good bit of broth and garnish with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan and some basil leaves.