Chicken and Parmesan Soup with Spinach
Our chicken and Parmesan soup with spinach is the ultimate comfort meal! It’s startlingly easy to make and tastes amazing. The results speak for themselves and it won’t disappoint you.
This soup recipe is the perfect weeknight meal because it covers almost all of the major food groups with the exception of major carbs. But most of all, it is filling regardless of the missing grains.
If you would want grains, however, simply serve this delicious soup in a homemade bread bowl!
Chicken and Parmesan Soup with Spinach Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced, about 2 medium
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1 - 15 oz can great northern beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. When hot, add onion, carrot and chicken pieces and sauté for 8 minutes stirring occasionally. Add garlic and marjoram and sauté 1 minute more.
- Add chicken broth to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove thighs from pot and shred then add back to the pot along with fresh spinach and beans. Cook for 5 minutes until spinach is bright green and wilted.
- Just before serving stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper (taste for salt because the cheese is salty) and serve with shredded Parmesan for garnish.