Cobb salad is one of America’s most iconic ‘composed salads’—meaning it’s typically presented with ingredients arranged in separate rows. But thanks to its variety of bright and colorful veggies, the salad makes for a beautiful presentation before and after tossing!
Tomatoes play a big role in this recipe. If you’re working with fruit that’s not quite ripe, you’ll want to toss them with a pinch of salt first and let them sit in a mesh strainer for up to 10 minutes. This will really boost their natural flavor!
chopped Cobb salad recipe
what you'll need
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 strips bacon thick-cut, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs hard-boiled, peeled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 English cucumber cut into ½" cubes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breast cooked, shredded or diced (1 large breast)
- 1 avocado cut into ½" cubes
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup salad dressing such as ranch or red wine vinaigrette
let's do it
- Add the chopped lettuce to a large platter or salad bowl. Arrange the blue cheese, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, chicken, and avocado on top of the lettuce for a beautiful presentation. The bacon, eggs, and chicken should be cooked ahead of time and served chilled or at room temperature for this salad.
- Just before serving, toss salad to combine. You may add dressing and toss once again to coat, or serve individual portions of the tossed salad with dressing, or a variety of dressings on the side. Season lightly with salt and fresh cracked pepper and enjoy!