Who says making yeast rolls has to be difficult? Our clover-shaped yeast dinner rolls recipe may take some time to make but it’s easy to follow—promise! A few ingredients and good planning will produce the amazing fresh taste.
All you need is a few simple ingredients and a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, or some really strong arms. We went with the stand mixer because it was worth the few extra dishes!
Brushed with a little butter, these scrumptious yeast dinner rolls really are worth the wait. This recipe can be served with breakfast, lunch, or dinner, but try not to eat the whole batch at once!
Clover-Shaped Yeast Dinner Rolls Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup water warm, 110-115 degrees
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup milk warm
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted (for brushing)
let's do it
- Mix yeast, water and ½ tsp sugar in a mixing bowl of a stand mixer and let stand 10 minutes.
- Warm milk, butter and salt in the microwave for about 1 minute then set aside to cool.
- Crack eggs into a measuring cup then add water to eggs until measurement reaches ½ cup. Set aside.
- Combine 2 cups of flour and a ½ cup of sugar in a small bowl then add to yeast mixture. Mix on low until combined, using dough hook attachment. Slowly add eggs, milk, butter and salt while the mixer is on a low speed.
- Once dough starts to form, add the remaining flour, half a cup at a time, until mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Mix until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle a small about of oil in a medium bowl then roll dough to coat in oil. Cover with a towel and let rest in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours, or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and roll into a ball then divide dough into 72 balls.
- Place 3 balls into each space of a muffin tin and cover with a towel. Let rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake rolls for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Enjoy!