Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce
The addition of extra chocolate into our chocolate hot fudge sauce gives it a thicker, more fudge-like consistency. It’s ooey gooey and delicious on top of ice cream!
With just a few minutes of your time, you’ll have a hearty batch that can keep for months in the refrigerator. Just warm it up in the microwave or on the stove for a few seconds before you smother that sundae.
Even more convenient—you can stir any leftovers into milk for a nice glass of chocolate milk. Or, heat it up for a comforting cup of hot cocoa.
This chocolate hot fudge is also perfect for topping on cookies, cakes, fruit and many of your other favorite desserts.
chocolate hot fudge sauce recipe
Added chocolate makes this homemade chocolate hot fudge sauce recipe slightly thicker than the average. Pour it over ice cream or use as a dip for fruit!
Yield: 12 servings (2 cups)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Add the butter, evaporated milk and sugar into a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the butter is completely melted, then whisk in the cocoa, chocolate chips and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer and bubble gently for 6 minutes. Stir the mixture frequently to prevent the sauce from scorching on the bottom of the pan.
- After 6 minutes, remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring it into a blender. Purée for about 1 minute, until the sauce has a nice glossy sheen and a silky-smooth texture.
- Pour the sauce into a glass container with an airtight lid. Serve immediately while it is still warm or store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use. Enjoy!
When you’re making sticky sauces like this, it’s important to stir frequently. Just give it some love!
Calories: 356kcal, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 174mg, Potassium: 86mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 41g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!