Paleo Cookie Skillet – Refined Sugar Free
Have you ever had one of those warm cookie skillets topped with ice cream? You know those ooey-gooey desserts where the ice cream gets all melted and the inside of the cookie is the perfect amount of soft with the crispy edges? (Do we have your mouth watering yet?) This paleo cookie skillet recipe is all of that and yet, it’s made with paleo-approved ingredients. That means you can enjoy a cleaner, relatively healthier version of the classic recipe that’s 100% free of refined sugar. Yum!
Make this ahead of time and bake it right after dinner for the entire family to enjoy. Or go ahead and make it all for yourself – we support that too! This paleo cookie skillet is refined sugar-free and takes minimal time to get into the oven. We’d say that’s a win!
There are so many ways to customize this cookie dough too. You can add your favorite crushed nuts (walnuts are delicious here). Or throw in a spoonful of peanut butter instead of the almond butter. Or you can REALLY switch things up and use white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Pick your favorite flavor and enjoy!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Paleo Cookie Skillet Recipe Tips
- Make this recipe vegan by substituting coconut oil for the butter and flax egg for the regular egg.
- You can make this dough ahead of time and store it in the fridge for 3 days. Or you can even freeze it so you can have a delicious skillet cookie whenever you want.
Paleo Cookie Skillet Recipe
- 10” cast iron skillet or an 8x8 baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit and prep a 10” cast iron skillet or an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, butter, almond butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. The batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the skillet evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with paleo-approved ice cream if desired!