Sausage, Apple and Rice Casserole
We love easy dinner recipes that require minimal effort and deliver maximum flavor. That’s what makes casserole recipes such a staple in our book. It’s a delicious way to combine a bunch of ingredients in a comforting and flavorful way. This Sausage, Apple and Rice Casserole is one of our newest favorites. It delivers some of the best flavors of fall in a creamy, and slightly spicy sauce.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Any leftovers you may have warm up really well. Just store leftovers in an airtight container and sprinkle a little water over the top before warming them up in the microwave.
Sausage, Apple and Rice Casserole Recipe Tips:
+ You don’t need your rice to be cooked prior. It will cook when you bake your casserole in the oven.
+ Allowing your cream cheese to come to room temperature will make mixing this all together so much easier.
+ If you have hot honey on hand, you can use that and skip the red pepper flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the apples, onion, and celery. Saute for about 5-7 minutes or until softened. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, honey, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and vegetable broth. There will be some cream cheese chunks, this is okay as it will be mixed in later on.
- Add the sauteed apple mixture, rice, and cooked sausage. Pour into a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake covered in the oven for 1 hour.
- After the hour is up, remove the foil and stir the rice mixture. Turn the heat to 450 and bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!