Drop Biscuits with Basil Butter
We all have a biscuit recipe that we like but our easy drop biscuit with basil butter spread is the one you’ll be using from now on. It takes only a few minutes to mix basic ingredients, plop them onto to a cookie sheet and put them in the oven to bake. In less than 15 minutes you’ll have delicious drop biscuits and basil butter spread ready to eat!
The key to making these easy drop biscuits is mixing in the butter correctly. Make sure you use a pastry blender when cutting in cold butter. It breaks the butter into pea-sized pieces which make the dough extra fluffy.
Homemade biscuits beg for a variety of toppings like honey or jam, but you should try our easy drop biscuit recipe with our simple basil butter spread. Creaming soft butter with fresh, chopped basil creates a unique, savory topping. Whatever your topping choice, the gang will be begging for more!
Drop Biscuits with Basil Butter Spread Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture and cubed butter to food processor; pulse until the butter is crumb size (or use a pastry blender). Return to mixing bowl.
- Make a well in middle of flour mixture and pour in buttermilk. Stir with spoon until mixture comes together.
- Make biscuit balls and drop on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- To make the basil butter, cream room temperature butter and fresh basil together. Then spread over warm biscuits