Einkorn Hash Brown Quiche with Ham
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Our einkorn hash brown quiche with ham is a yummy and hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner made in a single dish—and no annoying cleanup! Don’t have einkorn flour? No worries. You can also make a hash brown quiche with ham using traditional all-purpose flour.
Not only is this quiche made with delicious einkorn flour, which is a positive for people who are gluten-sensitive, it’s also crustless. This means a meal that will really satisfy your hunger. Plus, ‘crustless’ means you have more room for the good stuff in the middle!
Try experimenting with different add-ins or toppings! You can use spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, bacon or whatever else you fancy. Perfect for picky eaters, you can tailor the recipe for any palette!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Hash Brown Quiche with Ham Recipe
- 4 cups hash browns, frozen, thawed, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 9 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1 cup milk, or half-and-half
- 3/4 cup ham, diced, cooked, or sausage crumbles
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, or medium cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add hash browns and leave until nicely browned. You may peek, but if they are not golden brown do not flip them. When ready, flip the potatoes and brown the other side. Remove from heat and let cool. When cool enough to handle, press the hash browns into the bottom and sides of a pie dish to form the crust.
- Then, crack 1 egg into a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk together with flour until completely smooth. Add remaining 8 eggs and whisk until smooth then stir in milk or half-and-half, ham, onion, poblano pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into crust and top with shredded cheese. Place in oven and bake for 28–30 minutes or until light golden brown on top and firm in center. Remove from oven and allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.