Einkorn Veggie Potato Patties
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Serve our einkorn veggie potato patties with fried eggs for breakfast. Or serve them on a bed of fresh greens for lunch or accompanied with chicken or fish for dinner. You can also make veggie potato patties using traditional all-purpose flour.
These veggie potato patties come together in just 30 minutes. They’re especially easy to make if you’re using a food processor with a grater attachment. If you don’t have one available, a traditional grater will do—and it’s a great workout for your arms.
While you’re probably familiar with sweet potatoes and the Yukon golds, let us tell you about parsnips. They look like white carrots and have a bittersweet, earthy taste much like a turnip. We think they’re wonderful, but if you’re a little more conservative with your vegetables, you can always use carrots or zucchini instead. Just make sure the total volume of the veggies remains the same.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Veggie Potato Patties Recipe
- 1 parsnip
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- oil, for frying
- Rinse veggies under cool running water then pat dry. Peel and grate parsnip, sweet potato, Yukon golds and onion. This is best accomplished using a food processor with a grater attachment—otherwise, the old fashioned way will do!
- Place grated veggies in a large bowl then toss in chopped parsley. Sprinkle with salt, tossing to combine. Set mixture aside for at least 10 minutes to allow salt to draw out excess moisture.
- Transfer shredded veggies to a colander then press firmly to remove as much liquid as possible. Removing excess water will result in crispier patties. Transfer veggies back to mixing bowl then add flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly then set aside.
- Place large skillet over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat bottom of pan by ¼". When oil is hot, form patties by using a heaping ¼ cup of veggie mixture. Gently place patties in hot oil then fry 2–3 minutes per side—or until deep golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, sprinkle with a little extra salt and enjoy.