Game Day Football Brownies
You don’t need much to make these football brownies a reality. With store-bought brownie mix and a mini-muffin tin, you’re on your way to a game time snack to ignite your fanbase!
The muffin tin does all the work—all you have to do is mold the warm brownies into fun football shapes. Jazz up the finished product with a little frosting to create the laces or the initials of your favorite team.
You can buy boxed brownie mix or, if you want to go the extra mile, make your brownie mix from scratch using our delicious recipe.
Football Brownies Recipe
- 1 recipe chocolate brownies
- 1 tube gel icing, white
- Prepare brownie batter according to recipe.
- Coat mini muffin tin generously with cooking spray—you don’t want any sticking, so be generous with it! Scoop 2½ tsp of batter into each cup—just enough to fill ¾ of the way. Bake 12-15 minutes or until firm to the touch and cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Remove brownies from the oven then let cool for 5–6 minutes.
- Once brownies have cooled slightly, remove them from the muffin tin, one at a time. Turn brownie upside down then pinch the left and right sides of the muffin top (which should now be on the bottom) into the slightly pointed ends like a football. Press edges made by the pan to round them over slightly. You should now have a brownie that is in roughly the shape of a football. Mold or press the brownie as needed to refine the look and set aside. Repeat with remaining brownies, working quickly while they are still warm and pliable. If they get too cool to shape, just pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds and they will become pliable once again!
- Once the footballs are nice and cool, use the small tube of white icing to pipe laces onto the top edge of the football and serve. Enjoy!