Ginger snap cookies are the ultimate calling card for the holiday season and your house will be filled with the smells of Christmas. But our our recipe for chewy ginger snaps can be enjoyed year round!
Bring holiday cheer to all of your loved ones with the combination of ginger, molasses, cloves and cinnamon in a delectable chewy disc. These cookies are perfect for dipping in an eggnog cocktail.
Chewy Ginger Snaps Recipe
what you'll need
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 small egg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
let's do it
- Combine brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, butter, molasses and egg in a mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until just moistened. Increase speed to medium, beat for 1–2 minutes then slowly add flour until well blended. Cover and chill in fridge 1 hour.
- After dough has chilled an hour, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 2" balls then roll balls in granulated sugar. Place cookie balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and press down top slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes and let cool before serving. Enjoy!