Goat Cheese Pomegranate Dip
Serve a tasty spread at your next gathering that’s filled with superfoods. Our goat cheese pomegranate dip with fresh herbs incorporates fresh pomegranate seeds and parsley, which are packed with antioxidants.
We love this recipe because it’s a gourmet quality spread that takes only 10 minutes to make. If you were to purchase this recipe ready-made at a fancy grocery store, it would probably put a dent in your wallet. By purchasing all the ingredients at your local supermarket, you can create this tasty appetizer on a budget, and guests will think you’re a culinary rock star.
If you’re wary of the goat cheese because you’re counting calories, don’t fret! Goat cheese only has about 80 calories and six grams of fat per ounce, which is substantially less than a cheese made from cow’s milk.
To make this recipe, start by mixing the cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in the chives, parsley, lemon zest, then add salt and pepper to taste.
Let the spread sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour, so the flavors have time to diffuse. Put the spread in a serving dish along with your choice of sides. We served ours with crackers, but you can get creative and serve this spread alongside fresh fruits and cucumber slices as well! Tasty!
Step this dip recipe up a notch by serving it in a homemade bread bowl!
Goat Cheese Pomegranate Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp chives, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- kosher salt, to taste
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- crackers, bread or veggies
- Mix cream cheese and goat cheese together in medium bowl. Stir in chives, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Gently mix in pomegranate seeds.
- Let dip sit in refrigerator at least 30 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Serve with crackers, bread or veggies