Homemade Chicken Patties
Kids love breaded chicken patties but the store-bought variety is LOADED with salt and preservatives. Now you can skip the bad stuff and make homemade chicken patties that are oven-ready in 15 minutes.
Mincing chicken together with just the right amount of dried spices is super easy with a food processor. Once baked, the seasonings turn plain breadcrumbs into a light, crispy coating that kids will find hard to resist.
Need a quick meal on the go? Double the recipe and save some for the freezer. Place parchment paper between individual patties to make grabbing one at a time easy.
Homemade Chicken Patties Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat and heat until shimmering. Add finely chopped mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add spices, 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute more stirring constantly then remove from heat.
- Add the chicken and egg to a large bowl then add mushroom mixture. Stir until completely combined.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Measure a 1/3 cup of the mixture, roll it into a ball then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Transfer it to the baking sheet and press into a patty approximately ½" thick. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture, ending up with 8 patties.
- Spritz the tops of the patties with cooking spray and bake 14-17 minutes, or until the patties have cooked all the way through and reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and serve as a main course or in a sandwich. Any leftovers will freeze and reheat well.