Garlic bread is the perfect pairing with any hearty Italian meal, so really wow ‘em all when you make it from scratch—bread and all! Our recipe for homemade garlic bread is rewarding for everyone. Seriously, you’ll make it from scratch every time once you try our recipe.
We opted for topping these buttery, cheesy love boats with freshly minced garlic because fresh is always best. This way, you get the flavor you love without any potential roadblocks while you’re multitasking with the main course.
If any garlic bread manages to make it to day two, top it with spaghetti and you’ll have another fun, hearty dinner for your family. When you can get the kids excited about leftovers, life is so much easier!
Homemade Garlic Bread Video
- 1 loaf einkorn Dutch oven bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Transfer oven rack to the highest slot then preheat the broiler.
- Slice bread along the equator. Keep both halves the same depth as much as possible for even toasting. Set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat. Mince garlic then combine with butter. Keep the temperature low then steep garlic for 10 minutes. Don’t let the butter brown; just extract the garlic flavor in the hot butter. Strain the garlic from the butter.
- Open the bread cut-side up. Use the garlic-infused butter to brush over the entire surface of the cut side of the bread. Sprinkle both surfaces with salt and divide the Parmesan cheese and parsley between them, spreading over the entire surface.
- Put the bread on a baking sheet and transfer to the broiler. Watch the bread carefully, rotating when necessary. Remove bread when it has reached a golden brown color.
- Serve with your favorite Italian meal.
Mix it up and replace the Parmesan with pepper jack or Asiago—yum!