Homemade Hamburger Buns
Fill your home with the luxurious smell of fresh baked bread and then serve some sliders using our recipe for homemade hamburger buns! Our instructions are super simple and you probably already have most of the ingredients.
Make your homemade buns supersized or bite-sized—either way, no one will mistake these babies for store-bought bread. The best part is that you don’t need any fancy equipment to make this recipe. If you have stand mixer, make sure it’s fitted with the dough hook attachment.
Homemade Hamburger Buns Recipe
- Combine warm water, warm milk, yeast and sugar in small mixing bowl and let stand until foamy (about 5 minutes)
- In large mixing bowl, add flour, salt and butter and mix until butter resembles crumbs. Stir in yeast mixture and beaten egg until dough forms.
- Turn dough on to well-floured surface and knead for about 12−15 minutes (if using stand mixer with dough hook, mix 8−10 minutes). Return dough to bowl; cover with damp kitchen towel. Allow dough to rise in warm place until doubled in size, 1−2 hours.
- Punch down dough and divide into 12 equal parts. Roll dough into tight balls, place seam side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely with towel; allow to rise for 1−2 hours, or until doubled in size again
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush each bun with egg yolk; if yolk is too thick, thin with a few drops of water or cream. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 15−20 minutes on center rack until dark golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely
- Slice in half, fill with your favorite filling and enjoy!