Juicy Salsa Burger with Avocado
It’s quick, easy and on the grill—this juicy salsa burger recipe is ready to eat in 20 short minutes, and there’s hardly any messy kitchen cleanup. Score!
Because this recipe incorporates salsa into the beef mixture, you’re practically guaranteed a thick, juicy hamburger piled high with a fresh combination of southwest-inspired ingredients. Be sure to purchase the salsa from the deli section of the supermarket—the jarred stuff is all right, but your deli with have salsa made with fresh ingredients!
Pepper jack cheese, crispy lettuce, warm red onion and hearty slices of avocado are all savory must-have toppings for this burger. Of course, if you love the spice, fresh jalapeños and diced green chiles are also solid additions.
You don’t need much to accompany this meal—serve the burgers hot off the grill with a handful of tortilla chips and your favorite cerveza!
Juicy Salsa Burger Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, plain
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 - 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 - 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- 6 Tbsp sour cream
- lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado for topping
- In medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef, salsa and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well then divide into 6 equal portions and shape into 6 patties. The patties will be about ⅓ lb each. If you would like to make quarter pounders, divide the meat into 8 equal portions.
- Grill each burger on medium heat for 2−3 minutes on the first side, then flip and immediately place one slice of pepper jack cheese on each patty. Cook for an additional 2−3 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking. Placing the cheese on the patty as soon as you turn it over ensures that it will be fully melted when the burger is done cooking.
- Place the cooked burger on a toasted bun spread with sour cream then top the burger with lettuce, onion, avocado and a little extra salsa. Enjoy!