Has someone in your home made a Costco-sized run on grape tomatoes, and now you have way more than you need? Make an unusual, flavorful side dish with our oven-roasted grape tomato recipe!
Not only does this recipe taste great, but it’s also a real beauty on the dinner table—and so darn easy to prepare! They’re seasoned with garlic, fresh basil, coarse salt and whole-cracked pepper then roasted to perfection. All you need is five quick minutes to prep this dish, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already. Roast them in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then voila!
If you have a green thumb, snip some fresh basil from your window sill herb garden to use in this recipe. Rosemary and thyme can also be used in place of the basil if you prefer.
If you’re looking for quick and simple—skip mincing the garlic cloves and purchase garlic that’s already minced for you at the store. It comes in small and economy-sized jars in the produce section of the supermarket. You can always wear rubber gloves if you prefer to do it yourself. Wearing gloves will save your hands from retaining the odor.
Tender and juicy, our oven-roasted grape tomatoes taste great alone or with bread and rice to really soak up the juices. You can also mix roasted grape tomatoes in fresh cooked pasta, put them on top of your homemade pizza or on a bed of mixed greens.
oven-roasted grape tomatoes recipe
what you'll need
- 2 10 oz packages grape tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves chopped
- coarse salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse the tomatoes under cool water, pat dry with a kitchen towel then set aside.
- While the oven is heating combine oil, garlic, sugar and balsamic vinegar in a medium-sized bowl. Add the tomatoes and stir to coat them in the sauce.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the casserole dish and bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove them from the oven when the skins break and the juices begin to caramelize.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil, coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper then serve immediately.