One Pan Lazy Stuffed Mushrooms
Our lazy stuffed mushrooms recipe is an outstanding vegetarian dinner or special occasion side dish and it doesn’t take much time or effort in the kitchen. No messy pre-cooking and no pots and pans required—just layer the ingredients in a dish then bake it in the oven!
This recipe has all of the essential ingredients from a stuffed mushroom in the form of a casserole. We included breadcrumbs on the bottom of the dish to absorb the coveted flavorful mushroom-y liquid.
We could eat this savory dish all day long—even with eggs for breakfast! Share how you enjoy this easy recipe on Twitter using #Everyday_Dishes.
One Pan Lazy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2-qt casserole dish with a small amount of melted butter and set the remainder aside. Pour about half of the breadcrumbs into the bottom of the dish spreading into an even layer.
- Evenly layer about 1/3 of the mushrooms on top of the breadcrumbs. Drizzle with about 2 Tbsp of melted butter then very lightly season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Just a light dusting will do—there is a bit of salt in the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining breadcrumbs over mushrooms then layer 1/3 of the spinach followed by a 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Distribute 1/3 of the cream cheese by dotting small amounts evenly across the top.
- Repeat the process twice more by adding the next layer of mushrooms and pressing firmly to compress. Drizzle with butter then season lightly with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Evenly distribute spinach, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese until all ingredients are used. Press the ingredients down firmly into the dish to compact them. Don’t worry if it comes up slightly higher than the top of the dish, it will cook down in the oven.
- Bake 25–30 minutes or until top of the cream cheese is nicely browned and the mushrooms are tender. Let the dish rest for at least 5 minutes—if you have the willpower!